Friday, November 28, 2014

"Great, do it again. . .FOLLOW ME!



  • I was thinking of the day my son was shooting a video for a web page advertisement. He would tell me what to say, I would practice the line and then do it wrong. He would say don't look at me, look at the camera, and don't  roll your eyes. Don't do this. Don't do that.  I would say it again.. and mess it all up again, to the point of full-blown giggling and laughter. We actually had a great time trying to shoot the video.

  • As he would point out the things I did wrong, I would say yeah, okay, 
     I know, I'm sorry and we would try again. It never really got any better. 
  • We had no idea that his correcting words were leading me to perform worse. Kind of like saying don't think of a pink elephant!  And a pink elephant becomes all you can think of. 
  • Well, he finally gave up, saying, "I'll do the best I can with it." He edited the video. He really is a miracle worker with technology, but I still hated that video.

    Then the day came when I had to do a real shoot for a TV ad. She (the TV ad gal) sat close to the camera. She said, let's take one sentence at a time. I said the sentence and 
    I found myself doing all the things I had done with my son's video shoot. But she never mentioned any of it, she just said "GREAT, do it again. 
  • She tapped on the camera lens and said "GREAT..do it again" and she said that over and over until she said good.."GOT IT"

    And you know, God is saying the same thing to his children.
  • "Great my child, just follow me. Great do it again."
  • ."Great! I love you, follow me! Do it again!"
  • Every deed, every action, every day, is a new chance to follow Him, to do it again. 
  • He says follow me and  I WILL MAKE YOU.  —Matthew 4:19.

    "And Jesus saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."

  • It is not "Follow me, because of what you are already."

    It is not "Follow me, that you may make something of yourselves;" 
  • But it's "Follow Me, because of what will make you."

    So it is with each one of us, as soon as we are converted,
  • we do not know what we shall be, if we will only FOLLOW HIM.

    1 John 3:2 a
  • Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be:
  • Matthew 19:21b   "And come and follow me."






No comments:

Post a Comment